Vanessa inspired me to take this survey as a way to start the New Year. I thought it was a great way to review the old and look forward to the new.
- What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?
move to California, to live!
- Did you keep your new years’ resolutions and will you make more for next year?
I didn't make any resolutions and won't this year. I will continue to try to make it a better year than the last.
- Did anyone close to you give birth?
My sister had twins -- see her blog dedicated to them. :-)
- Did anyone close to you die?
Thankfully, no. But Dave lost someone important to him.
- What countries did you visit?
Ummm. I went nowhere! How boring. And sad. Does wanting to go to Thailand count?
- What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
A little more stability. :-)
- What date from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Is it bad that I can't think of any particular date? I remember the move, especially leaving snowy Michigan, but don't remember the date any more.
- What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I didn't really achieve much. Maybe full-time employment at Cisco.
- What was your biggest failure?
The Journey 2.0 relaunch
- Did you suffer illness or injury?
I was pretty healthy, at least physically.
- What was the best thing you bought?
Dave got me a Wii, and it's a great party/group game that entertained my family when they visited during Christmas.
- Where did most of your money go?
Toward the downpayment for our new house.
- What did you get really, really, really excited about?
California, a new church community model, home organization, wine
- What song(s) will always remind you of 2007?
Omigod You Guys, from Legally Blonde, the musical
- Compared to this time last year, are you:
happier or sadder? happier - change has been good for me
thinner or fatter? fatter - and I want to change that, sort of LOL
richer or poorer? richer in dollars, but not in lifestyle (that's what buying a house in the Bay area will do to you)
- What do you wish you’d done more of? blogging.
- What do you wish you’d done less of? eating. (see above answer about being fatter)
- How did you spend Christmas?
hanging with my sister, brother-in-law, nephews, aunt, uncle and second cousin -- who ALL came to visit. :-)
- Did you fall in love in 2007?
Yes, with California
- How many one-night stands?
- What was your favorite TV program?
- Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Dave's former boss
- What was the best book you read?
Blue Like Jazz
- What was your greatest musical discovery of 2007?
- What did you want and get?
cool new friends, a new job and a better climate
- What did you want and not get?
a trip to Hawaii and/or Thailand, an immersion blender
- What was your favorite film of this year?
I can't recall anything that was amazing. But, we rarely go to theatres, since everything can be downloaded on the TiVo using Amazon Unbox.
- What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Sadly, we did NOTHING. My birthday was the day after Thanksgiving, and even my restaurant picks were closed. :-( This year's better be good, since it is the big 4-0.
- What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I have no idea. It was a pretty good year, in all.
- How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
Bargain hunting. With Dave's unemployment, I didn't really invest in any fashion concepts this year.
- What kept you sane?
A good husband and new friends
- Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
??? who fancies celebrities?
- What political issue stirred you the most?
nothing really - politics has lost its meaning for me
- Who did you miss?
Jill, Kathy, Rich, Adam, Kellen and Lindsay
- Who was the best new person you met?
I met a lot of cool new people, including Vanessa, Christine and Robin.
- Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007
change can be challenging, but in the end it works out for the best